Friday, April 04, 2008

More Free Fatherly Advice

My eldest daughter Heather is living with and caring for her aged grandmother. One of the tasks Heather does not exactly relish is sorting and putting out the trash for recycling. The recycling there is only picked up every other week, and so it is also hard for her to remember when it needs to be done.

So, I thought I would help. Regarding the timing, I have a timer on my PDA which goes off to remind me to remind her that the big day is approaching. So I'll text message her to that effect.

To try take the edge off the unpleasantness of the chore, I have tried to word the text messages in some novel ways. Here is my text message to her from this morning:

It cometh, yea it goeth as well
In hues of green, amber, clear
Some black, and white, and read all over
It hath inexorably come
Now 'tis time to bid all
adieu.


To which she responded

Yet to this end, to which the stoic few
Have borne their burden all without a sound,
Whom shall attend?
For it doth weary me!

Something tells me a bit more of the edge still needs to come off.


No comments: