Sunday, April 20, 2008

One of the Great Joys of my Life

is Sunday morning worship at home with my family. This morning we gathered in the den and sang from Psalm 29, Psam 90, and Psalm 145. The tunes were Effingham (one of our all-time favorites), Farrant, and Duke Street.

These Psalm selections spoke richly of the glory of God, and the duty of the believer to scribe that glory to him. They also contrasted vividly the eternal destinies of the two kinds of people in the world, the saved and the unsaved. The saved face aa joyous eternity with God himself, while the unsaved face the wrath and perdition of God their Judge.

I read from Genesis 1, adding frequent but brief comments directed primarily at my very young children, trying to remiond them and/or help them understand for the first time that they were created by God, and the world they live in was created by God.

I also read revelation 20, which speaks, among other things, of the end of all things. The beginning of all things (Genesis 1) and the end of all things (Revelation 20) comprised the subject of my remarks. We concluded withy prayer.

No comments: